Balsamic vinegar and brown sugar make a sweet-tart dressing for the berries. Serve as is or, for an extra crunch, with toasted nuts.
Body+Soul, July/August 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved, or quartered if large
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and sugar.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and mint. Toss to combine. Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle nuts over top if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.