Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts add richness to this light breading; the coating keeps the chicken moist. For longer shelf life, store nuts in the freezer.
Body+Soul, April/May 2007
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, dried
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Seasonal green salad
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, combine bread, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Process until fine breadcrumbs form. Transfer to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve chicken with lemon slices and green salad.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.