Steamed Broccoli with Miso-Sesame Sauce
Body+Soul (October 2005)
Body+Soul, October 2005
- 2 tablespoons dark miso
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice or soy milk
- 4 cups broccoli florets, (cut from about 2 pounds of whole broccoli heads)
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- In a small bowl, mix miso, sesame seeds, lemon juice, and oil. Slowly add the milk, stirring well. For a thinner sauce, add more liquid.
- Arrange broccoli florets in a steamer basket over a small amount of water. Steam florets until bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish; drizzle with sauce and garnish with red pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.