Layered Summer Salad
A great dish to bring to a party, Layered Summer Salad is simple to make and stunning to look at.
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large orange bell pepper, julienned
- 20 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 6 medium carrots, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons raspberry wine vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine the yellow pepper, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a clear serving bowl.
- Repeat with remaining vegetables, tossing each in a different juice or vinegar and oil combination, spreading each in a thin layer in the bowl.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.