Green Beans with Golden Raisins
This recipe combines golden raisins and Parmesan cheese from the West with sesame and tea from the East.
Per serving: 71 calories; 2 g protein; 4 g fat; 8 g carb; 2 g fiber.
More of our favorite farmers' market recipes:
Grilled Burgers with Garden Vegetables
Cucumber-Mint Berry Salad
Body+Soul, September 2005
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tea bags (green or white tea)
- 4 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the sesame seeds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the sesame seeds are crisp and fragrant.
- In a large steamer pot, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add tea bags. Place green beans in the steam rack. Be sure the water doesn't rise onto the rack. Steam at medium-high heat, covered, until beans are bright green, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle raisins into the steam basket and steam for one more minute.
- In a large salad bowl, toss green beans and raisins with vinegar, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.