Starting with the recipe for Basic Healthy Granola, this adds nutritious fruits and nuts without the refined sugars and trans fats of some commercial granolas.
Per 2/3-cup serving: 200 calories; 5 g protein; 5 g fat; 34 g carbs; 3 g fiber.<br><br>
Body+Soul, June 2005
- Yield Makes about 3 1/2 cups
- Ingredients for <u>Basic Healthy Granola</u>
- 1/3 cup almond slivers
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons black-cherry juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries
- Following the instructions for Basic Healthy Granola, add the almond slivers and almond meal to the dry ingredients. Add the juice concentrate and vanilla and almond extracts to the wet ingredients. After the first 15 minutes of baking, add the dried cherries.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.