Boiled New Potatoes
Simply boiled and then dressed with a fruity extra-virgin olive oil and fresh parsley, new potatoes complement the meal perfectly. Choose similarly sized potatoes so they will cook in the same amount of time.
Body+Soul, September 2006
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4 to 6
- Coarse salt
- 1 1/2 pounds small red new potatoes, well scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley, coarsely chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until tender but not falling apart, 10 to 15 miuntes (timing will vary depending upon the size of potatoes; test with a fork to see if done). Drain in a colander, rinse under cold water, and shake to remove excess water.
- Halve potatoes and transfer to a bowl along with oil; season with salt and toss with parsley.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.