Couscous with Green and White Asparagus
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock to Make 1 1/2 Quarts (http://www.wholeliving.com/130403/chicken-stock-make-1-12-quarts), or low-sodium canned, fat skimmed
- 1 cup couscous
- 3/4 pound green and white asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half (about 2 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped arugula
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium pot, bring the stock to a boil. Add the couscous, stir, and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the asparagus and then transfer to a bowl filled with ice water.
- Season the couscous with salt and pepper. Stir in asparagus, cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Stir in the arugula and olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.