Steamed Brussels Sprouts
Steam the vitamin-rich sprouts until they are fork-tender, and use the best balsamic vinegar you have for tossing.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and washed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly cracked black peppercorns
- Blanch the Brussels sprouts in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes, and refresh in cold water. Cut in half and transfer to a bowl. Add the thyme, vinegar, and pepper, toss to coat, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.