Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Whole-Wheat Couscous
Moroccan flavors abound in this meal, which is both spicy and sweet.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2010
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 cup dry whole-wheat couscous
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger (from one 1/2-inch piece)
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 10 ounces baby spinach (12 cups)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- Combine spices and 1 teaspoon salt; season chicken on both sides with all but 1/2 teaspoon of the spice mixture.
- Working in batches, grill cutlets, 2 at a time, in a grill pan over medium-high heat, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip; reduce heat to medium. Grill until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook garlic and ginger in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant and just golden, about 30 seconds. Stir in 6 cups spinach, the raisins, reserved 1/2 teaspoon spice mixture, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 seconds; push to side of skillet. Add remaining 6 cups spinach. Cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Slice chicken, and serve over spinach with couscous and yogurt.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.