Pumpkin Custard is essentially crustless pumpkin pie made with nonfat evaporated milk.
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated skim milk (one 12-ounce can)
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, milk, and vanilla. In another bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cornstarch, spices, and salt and sift into the pumpkin mixture. Stir the batter until combined well and pour into four 3/4-cup custard cups.
- Place the cups in a 9 X 11-inch baking pan and add enough warm water to come halfway up the sides of the cups. Bake for 50 minutes, or until set and browned lightly. Transfer the custards to a wire rack to cool.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.