Leafy Chopped Salad
Chopped coarsely and dressed in a vinaigrette full of chives snipped from the herb garden, the most common vegetables (Boston lettuce, celery, and cucumber) make a delicious starter. Choose whatever greens look the freshest; the point is to combine greens with different textures and flavors.
- 1 small head of Boston lettuce, coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered lengthwise and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small bunch of chives, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Chive Vinaigrette (http://www.wholeliving.com/131218/chive-vinaigrette)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the vegetables and drizzle with the Chive Vinaigrette. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.