Sugar Snap Peas with Mint
You can often use herbs as one would salad greens: whole leaves tossed together with traditional salad ingredients. Here, the classic pairing of peas and mint gets reinterpreted by leaving the mint leaves whole and using sugar snap peas.
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, ends pinched off and strings removed (about 5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons Orange Vinaigrette (http://www.wholeliving.com/131626/orange-vinaigrette)
- 1/2 cup tightly packed mint leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a medium bowl of ice water. Blanch the peas in boiling salted water for about 20 to 30 seconds and refresh in the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain.
- Spoon the vinaigrette into a bowl, add the peas, mint, and salt and pepper and toss to coat. Divide among 4 salad plates and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.