Veggie Goat Cheese Tart
This recipe comes courtesy of Jenny Park, a member of the L.A. Ladies' Choir and chef and manager at Trails Cafe in Los Angeles.
Whole Living, March 2011
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 diced zucchini
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9-inch <u>Low-Fat All-Purpose Pie Crust</u>
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in a pan. Saute garlic, onion, and zucchini until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk eggs, milk, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Spread cooked vegetables on a baked 9-inch pie crust.
- Add goat cheese, then baby spinach. Slowly pour in egg mixture and sprinkle with grated Parmesan and more pepper, if desired.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet 50 to 60 minutes until the center is just set. Let cool 30 minutes before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.