Pineapple, Papaya, and Sunflower Seed Granola
Starting with Basic Healthy Granola add nutritious fruits and nuts and you'll have a delicious, healthy snack that doesn't have the refined sugars and trans fats of some commercial granolas.
Per 2/3-cup serving: 191 calories; 4 g protein; 5 g fat; 34 g carbs; 4 g fiber.
Body+Soul, September 2005
- Ingredients for Basic Healthy Granola (http://www.wholeliving.com/132519/basic-healthy-granola)
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped dried papaya
- Following the instructions for
Basic Healthy Granola, add the sunflower seeds to the dry ingredients. For the wet ingredients, use only half of the called-for apple juice (1/8 cup), and add the orange juice and orange zest to wet ingredients. After the first 15 minutes of baking, add the dried pineapple and papaya.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.