- 1 large shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except the oil. Slowly add the oil, whisking vigorously, until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
Use this recipe as a guide for making other flavorful, lower fat vinaigrettes. Almost any fresh herb (basil, thyme, tarragon) works well here.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.