Asparagus Spears with Dill-Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1 1/4 pounds asparagus, trimmed and stems peeled if thick (about 20 spears)
- 1 large lemon, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup <u>Dill-Shallot Vinaigrette</u>
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- Place asparagus spears in the top of a steamer over boiling water. Steam for 2 to 3 minutes for thin asparagus, 5 to 6 minutes for thick.
- Meanwhile, arrange 4 lemon slices on each of 4 serving plates. Remove asparagus from steamer and season with salt and pepper. Divide spears among the plates, drizzle vinaigrette over the top, and garnish with dill.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.