Escarole Hearts with Lemon-Pumpkin Seed Vinaigrette
The texture and flavor of the escarole hearts complement the pumpkin-seed-studded vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads of escarole, tough outer leaves trimmed
- 1 cup loosely packed whole leaf cilantro
- In a large skillet over high heat, toast the pumpkin seeds until they pop. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the olive oil. Whisk in the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the escarole on the bias, dividing each heart into 2 servings. Place a half on each of 4 salad plates and top with 1/4 cup cilantro. Drizzle with the salad dressing and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.