Rose Gelatin with Blackberries
Rose Gelatin with Blackberries is deceptively simple to make.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin (about 1 1/2 envelopes)
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon rose wine
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, strained
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 2 cups of cold water and let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of wine, 3/4 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of blackberries to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour the hot wine mixture through a strainer into the gelatin and discard the cooked blackberries. Stir in the lemon juice and stir the mixture until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Place 1 blackberry in each of four 3/4-cup ramekins or custard cups and divide the liquid among them. Chill the gelatins, covered, until set, about 5 hours.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar over the remaining blackberries. Add the remaining tablespoon of wine and toss to coat the berries.
- Dip the bottom of each mold into a bowl of warm water for 5 seconds and invert onto chilled dessert plates. Spoon the blackberries around each gelatin and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.