Angie's Stovetop Kettle Corn
When you're in the mood for a salty snack, don't let dietary restrictions get in the way: This tasty treat from Angie and Dan Bastian of Angie's Kettle Corn is an easy-to-make allergen-friendly and gluten-free option.
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2011
- 5 tablespoons high-heat sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup yellow popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Sea salt
- Heat oil in a stovetop popcorn maker with a hand crank over medium-high heat. Add a few popcorn kernels and cover. When popcorn begins to pop, add remaining kernels; cover and stir to coat with oil.
- Add sugar; cover, and cook, stirring, until kernels are popped, about 2 minutes. Immediately remove from heat.
- Transfer popcorn to a large bowl and season with sea salt; let cool 1 minute before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.