Farro, Pea Shoot, and Goat Cheese Salad
Whole Living, May 2011
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas (from 1 lb peas in pods)
- 2 ounces pea shoots, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook farro according to package directions and let cool to room temperature. Transfer to a large bowl.
- As farro cooks, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
- Add peas, pea shoots, mint, almonds, and lemon zest to farro. Toss with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Top with goat cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.