Grilled Zucchini and Summer Squash
Vegetables with a high water content cook beautifully on the grill; the dry heat evaporates the water and allows them to brown easily. You can cook the zucchini and summer squash at the same time as the chicken. After moving the chicken to the cooler side of the grill, wipe the grates clean with paper towels and you're ready to go.
Body+Soul, September 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4 to 6
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium summer squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Meanwhile, trim ends of zucchini and summer squash and cut on the bias into rounds about 1/2-inch thick and 3 inches long. Place in large bowl and toss with oil, using your hands to evenly coat all sides. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Place vegetables in a single layer on grill and cook until browned with grill marks, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to platter and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.