Crispy Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms
Try crispy roasted shiitake mushrooms -- an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants -- for a healthy and versatile treat: top with goat cheese for an easy appetizer, serve alongside steak for a simple side dish, or grab a handful for a nutritious snack on the go.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
- Yield Serves 4 as a snack
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet, gill-side up. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, turn mushrooms, and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer to oven and roast for 25 minutes. Turn mushrooms and continue to roast until larger mushrooms are crisp on the edges and smaller ones are crisp throughout, 10 to 15 minutes more. Season with more salt; serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.