Salmon-Ginger Rice Bowl
Sesame seeds sprinkled over this heart-healthy salmon from nutritionist Cynthia Sass's "Cinch!" cookbook will help you feel fuller, longer.
Also Try: California Sunshine Salad, Mediterranean Broccoli Couscous Platter, Pineapple-Red Quinoa Parfait
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2011
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 ounces cooked wild salmon
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, ginger, and scallions; set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add red pepper, carrots, cabbage, celery, and onions; add orange juice mixture and cook, stirring, until pepper slices are slightly tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place rice in a bowl and top with vegetable mixture. Add salmon and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.