California Sunshine Salad
Corn provides a healthy whole-grain base to this colorful salad from nutritionist Cynthia Sass's "Cinch!" cookbook. Eat for an energy-boosting snack any time of day.
Also Try: Mediterranean Broccoli Couscous Platter, Pineapple-Red Quinoa Parfait, Salmon-Ginger Rice Bowl
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2011
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, fresh or frozen and thawed or kernels from 1 medium ear of roasted corn, chilled
- 1/2 cup chilled organic edamame
- 1/4 medium avocado, chopped
- Slice the top and bottom of orange with a paring knife. Set one of the flat sides on your work surface. From top to bottom, following the curve of the fruit, cut away peel and white pith. Trim off any remaining pith. Holding the orange over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment, staying close to the membrane, to release. Discard membrane.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, thyme, black pepper, and lemon zest. Add orange segments, corn, edamame, and avocado. Toss to combine and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.