Grilled Fruit Panini with Yogurt Cheese
Juicy slices of nectarines crowned with yogurt cheese, sandwiched between two tiny squares of bread and quickly grilled, make a gorgeous summer dessert.
- 1/4 cup Yogurt Cheese (http://www.wholeliving.com/131254/yogurt-cheese)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey, plus more for drizzling
- 2 drops of pure vanilla extract
- 8 slices of very thinly sliced white bread, crusts removed
- 2 very ripe small nectarines, plums, or peaches, thinly sliced
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a small bowl, stir together the Yogurt Cheese, honey, and vanilla until combined well.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the yogurt cheese mixture on 4 slices of bread. Arrange a layer of fruit over the cheese and top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook the panini, 2 at a time, until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and repeat with the remaining panini.
- Halve each panini, divide among 4 dessert plates, and drizzle with additional honey.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.