Mushroom "Bacon" Topping
Use these crispy mushroom strips in Twitter cofounder Biz Stone's Seitan Bourguignon recipe.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2011
- Yield Makes enough for 4 to 5 servings
- 1 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Evenly spread mushrooms in a single layer in a shallow glass baking dish. Transfer to oven and bake, tossing with tongs every 5 to 10 minutes, until dry and crisp, taking care not to burn. Remove from baking dish; mushroom "bacon" may be used hot or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.