Fresh Ricotta, Cherry, and Lemon Zest Crostini
Whole Living, June 2011
- 6 ounces (1 1/4 cups) pitted, chopped sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 slices rustic bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine cherries and sugar; let macerate 10 minutes.
- Brush bread with olive oil and toast until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix ricotta with lemon zest. Spread bread with ricotta and top with cherries. Garnish with more zest.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.