Grilled Chicken with Cherries, Shallots, and Arugula
Whole Living, June 2011
- 1 small shallot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound (2 halves) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces (2 cups) sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Combine shallot, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Drizzle remaining oil over chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Toss shallot mixture, cherries, and arugula in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on top of chicken.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.