Morel Cream Sauce
This sauce is ideal over a simple salt-and-pepper steak. Add as many morels as possible.
Whole Living, June 2011
- Yield Serves 6 (Makes 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 pound morels, quartered
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and morels and cook, stirring, until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in water and stir into mushroom mixture. Add milk and sherry and gently simmer until sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.