Frittata with Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Herbs
Whole Living, June 2011
- 1/2 bunch asparagus (8 oz), trimmed, spears cut into 2-inch pieces, remaining stalks cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large eggs
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons (2 oz) goat cheese
- Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath. Blanch asparagus until just tender, about 1 minute. Drain and transfer to ice water bath to cool. Drain. Set spears aside.
- Whisk eggs with 1 tsp each salt and pepper. Stir in scallions, chives, and asparagus stalks.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil in an ovenproof 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook until edges begin to set; push cooked edges toward the center of the pan with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking until the center begins to set, about 2 minutes more. Dollop goat cheese over top and sprinkle with reserved asparagus spears.
- Bake until eggs are completely set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.