Poached Pears with Dark Chocolate
Ginger, honey, and dark chocolate are the perfect complements to naturally sweet pears.
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups water
- 2 ripe Bartlett pears
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, melted
- Bring ginger, honey, and water to a boil over high heat in a medium pot. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel pears and halve lengthwise. Use a melon baller to scoop out cores. Gently lower pears into pot. Cover surface with a round of parchment paper.
- Cook pears until a paring knife slides easily into them, about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on ripeness. Remove with a wooden spoon and transfer to a bowl. Pour poaching liquid over. Serve warm or chilled.
- To serve, place pear halves in a bowl and drizzle with melted chocolate.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.