Skillet Potatoes with Greens
Whole Living, June 2011
- 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces kale, stems removed and leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a medium saucepan of well-salted water. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in kale and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and kale. Cook, stirring, until potatoes are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper; serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.