Photo: Frederic Lagrange
Whole Living, June 2011
For the fruit
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled and halved (quartered if large)
- 8 ounces rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
For the topping
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
For the garnish
- Fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Transfer to an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, butter, brown sugar, and salt. Stir until combined and slightly clumpy. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake until juices are bubbling in the center and topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly. Garnish with basil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.