White Bean and Sage Patties
Whole Living, June 2011
- Yield Makes 12 patties
Serves 6 to 8
- One 19-ounce can white beans
- 1/2 shallot, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Drain beans, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Transfer to a bowl and mash. Stir in shallot, carrot, cornmeal, and sage. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon reserved liquid. If mixture is too dry, add the other.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Form mixture into 12 patties (about 2 1/2 inches diameter each) and saute in batches until golden brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining oil and patties. Season patties with salt and serve with Roasted Tomato Sauce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.