Potatoes, Peas, and Mint
Baby potatoes get a coating of mashed peas and mint that brings out their inner earthiness.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- 1 1/4 pounds baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook potatoes in a pot of boiling water until easily pierced with a fork, 11 to 14 minutes; drain. Halve potatoes. Meanwhile, simmer peas in a saucepan of water until tender, about 4 minutes; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Crush peas with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons reserved cooking liquid using a fork. Gradually stir in remaining 2 tablespoons cooking liquid until mixture is thick and chunky. Toss potatoes with pea mixture, mint, salt, and some pepper. Drizzle with additional tablespoon oil.
Try pairing this with poached chicken.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.