Almond Curry Chicken
This tasty curry chicken recipe is made with Almond Dream, a nondairy source of antioxidants, vitamins, and calcium.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2010
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups Almond Dream Original almond drink
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- <u>Rice Pilaf with Shallots</u>, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a medium ovenproof high-sided skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place chicken, skin side down, in skillet. Cook until skin is golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes; turn chicken and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Stir in curry powder, nutmeg, cinnamon stick, and Almond Dream; season with salt and pepper; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to skillet, skin side up, and transfer to oven. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with almonds and cilantro; serve with rice pilaf.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.