Salmon Salad with Curried Egg
Wild salmon is widely available canned. To ensure you're getting the most sustainable option, look for the blue Marine Stewardship Council logo. For more information, visit the organization's Web site at msc.org.
Body+Soul, September 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Makes 4 servings
- 1 7.5-ounce can wild Red Sockeye
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot (about half a shallot)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Sprouts, for serving
- Mix salmon and olive oil together in a bowl, using a fork to flake the salmon. Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated), lemon juice, shallot, and pepper. Spread onto bread slices.
- Peel and slice eggs, and place 2 slices on each piece of bread. Mix sea salt with the curry powder in a small bowl, and sprinkle on top of each egg slice.
Scatter remaining lemon zest over them, top with sprouts, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.