Green Tea Apple Spice Drink
This infusion can be a soothing antidote on a chilly winter day -- but it's equally delicious chilled and served on ice.
Body+Soul, January/February 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4 to 6
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated cinnamon
- 1 Granny Smith apple, seeded and coarsely chopped, plus slices for serving
- 4 strips orange zest, from 1/2 orange
- 1/3 cup loose green tea
- Combine water, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, apple, and orange zest in medium pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let steep 15 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve over the green tea leaves, pressing all the juices from the apple. Let steep for 1 minute. Strain out
the tea, reheat if necessary, and serve. Garnish with apple slices.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.