Power Protein Smoothie
Smoothies offer incredible versatility: You can use whatever's in season. The berries combined with pomegranate juice give this drinkable breakfast an extra antioxidant boost. Per serving: 300 calories; 12 g protein; 6 g fat; 52 g carb; 6 g fiber.
Read more about healthy breakfast basics
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
- Yield Serves 2
- 2 cups mixed berries, (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- In a blender, combine berries, tofu, pomegranate juice, 2 tablespoons honey, flaxseed, and ginger. Blend until smooth, 15 to 20 seconds. Adjust the sweetness if neccessary.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.