Hot Smoked Salmon
Create a smoker by filling a shallow pan with a mix of white rice and herbs and laying metal skewers across the diameter.
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2000
- 2 1/4 cups white rice
- 3 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons dried dill
- 1 one-pound salmon fillet, cut into 4-ounce pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large radicchio leaves
- 1/4 cup Arugula Pesto (http://www.wholeliving.com/131576/arugula-pesto)
- Fill a paella pan or flat-bottomed wok with enough rice to make a 1-inch layer. Mix the herbs into rice.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. On a grill rack or 8 skewers large enough to overhang the rim of the pan and sprayed with cooking spray, place the fillets and cover with a dome-shaped lid.
- Cook the salmon over moderately low heat for about 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Place each fillet in a radicchio leaf and drizzle pesto over them.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.