Strawberry, Fennel, and Orange Salad
This simple salad is juicy and refreshing, especially on a hot summer day.
Body+Soul, July/August 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 navel oranges
- 8 ounces strawberries (about 16), hulled and quartered or halved
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced lengthwise, some fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- Zest one orange, and reserve zest (2 teaspoons). Cut peel and pith away from both oranges. Use a paring knife to cut out the segments, letting them fall into a bowl, along with the juice.
- Add strawberries, sliced fennel, orange zest, and fennel fronds to the bowl of orange segments and toss together gently. Stir in the lemon juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, toss, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.