Parsley is always a main ingredient in tabbouleh, a Middle Eastern dish that's delicious served with pita wedges.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2004
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 4 plum tomatoes, finely chopped, with their juice
- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (about 2 medium bunches)
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Soak bulgur in cold water 10 minutes. Drain in a sieve lined with damp cheesecloth; squeeze out all water. Transfer to a serving bowl; fluff with a fork.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, parsley, and scallions. Add lemon juice, salt, and oil; season with pepper. Toss to coat. Just before serving, stir in mint.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.