Coddled Eggs in Teacups
A little butter is all you need to ease these eggs from their cups. Plus, it adds flavor without too much fat.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 4 English muffins, split
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, tarragon, parsley, chervil, or dill
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Butter insides of 4 teacups with 1 piece of butter each. Crack 1 egg into each teacup. Bring 1 inch of water to a gentle simmer in a large, straight-sided skillet.
- Transfer teacups to simmering water, and cover with a piece of parchment. Reduce heat to medium, and steam, covered with skillet lid, until whites are set but yolks are still soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast English muffins. Sprinkle chopped herbs, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper over tops of cooked eggs. Serve with English muffins.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.