- 1 cup sake
- 10 shiso leaves
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Sushi Rice (http://www.wholeliving.com/130359/sushi-rice)
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared wasabi paste
- In a large saucepan, combine the sake with 1 cup of water and 2 shiso leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer. Add the shrimp and poach until light pink and the tails are curled, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- For each serving, spread 2 tablespoons of Sushi Rice in a rectangle. Lay 2 shiso leaves on top and arrange 5 shrimp, tail end up, on the shiso leaves. Serve with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon wasabi paste.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.