Shrimp Burgers with Slaw
Martha Stewart Living, January
For the Yogurt Sauce
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle chiles en adobo
- Juice and finely grated zest from 1 lime
For the Slaw
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 avocado, julienned
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
For the Shrimp Burgers
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, and roughly chopped
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 small (6 inches) pitas
- Make the yogurt sauce: Mix yogurt, sour cream, chipotles, and lime juice and zest in a small bowl. (Add more chipotle for a spicier sauce.)
- Make the slaw: Mix mango, cabbage, avocado, and salt in a medium bowl. Toss with 1/4 cup yogurt sauce.
- Make the shrimp burgers: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pulse a third of the shrimp in a food processor until a thick paste forms. Transfer to a bowl. Gently fold in egg white and remaining shrimp and yogurt sauce. Fold in breadcrumbs (mixture will be loose).
- Scoop 1/2 cup shrimp mixture onto a baking sheet lined with a nonstick baking mat. Flatten into a 4-inch patty. Repeat. Bake until pink and firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Place 1 patty in each pita, top with slaw, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.