With more than a dozen varieties on the market, vodka leads the organic liquor trend. Add juice from in-season tangerines and pomegranates for a sweet and tangy festive drink.
Body+Soul, December 2009
- 1 tangerine (we used a minneola tangelo)
- 1 ounce organic vodka
- 2 splashes Angostura bitters
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic sugar
- Peel one strip of zest from a tangerine and reserve. Squeeze 1/4 cup juice from tangerine; shake juice with vodka, bitters, and ice in a shaker. Strain into martini glass. Discard ice.
- Shake pomegranate juice with sugar in shaker until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pomegranate mixture to the glass to create a sunrise effect. Garnish with zest.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.