Cherry-Berry Tea Smoothies
Protein-rich tofu gives this drink a thick and creamy texture, and frozen blueberries, cherries, and grapes deliver deep flavor and additional antioxidants. Rooibos tea, grown in South Africa, adds an herbaceous sweetness to this fruit smoothie without the caffeine found in other teas.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2008
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Rooibos tea bags
- 6 ounces silken tofu
- 10 ounces (2 cups) frozen sweet cherries
- 6 ounces (1 cup) frozen grapes
- 3 ounces (1/2 cup) frozen blueberries
- Bring water to a simmer. Immediately remove from heat, and add tea bags. Let steep, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Discard tea bags. Refrigerate tea until cold, about 40 minutes.
- Puree tea, tofu, and fruit in a blender until smooth, and serve cold.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.