Almond Crescent Cookies
Body+Soul, December 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours
- Yield Makes 3 dozen
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds, finely ground
- 5 ounces (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Vanilla sugar, for rolling
- Beat all ingredients until combined, about 2 minutes. Let rest at room temperature for 2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a crescent shape. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat. Bake until light golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on trays for 10 minutes. Roll in vanilla sugar.
To make vanilla sugar, split two vanilla beans and place in an airtight container with 2 cups sugar. Let stand overnight and up to 3 months.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.