Watercress, Pink Grapefruit, and Walnut Salad
Martha Stewart Living
For the Dressing
- 2 1/4 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 8 ounces watercress (about 2 bunches), thick stems removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Make the dressing: Whisk together ginger, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar in a small bowl. Gradually add olive oil, whisking constantly until fully combined. Set aside.
- Remove peel and pith from grapefruit. Holding over a medium bowl, carve out flesh between the membranes, letting segments drop into the bowl (you should have about 3/4 cup segments). Add watercress. Pour dressing over watercress and grapefruit; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.